Here I go!

I've been told many times over the years that I should write travel guide books, but this is as close as I plan to come to that!

Since getting my first passport at age 43, I have gotten to go places in this world that I never dreamed of seeing, and I'm an inveterate note taker. My travels since 1986 have been as a professional travel agent...which only increased that note taking. I hope to share some of the things I've found interesting for one reason or another -- maybe for cultural or historic reasons, maybe just beautiful, maybe ultra good, maybe just hilarious. And sometimes just because I liked it, related to travel or not.

My speciality in the travel business is Italy, though I handle travel pretty much worldwide..and if I don't keep up with a particular area, one of the great agents in my office does. See www.sallywatkins.com for more about the professional side of my life.

Your comments and shared tips are very welcome! I truly believe "we get by with a little help from our friends."

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Divina Cucina

My friend Judy Witts Francini, aka "Diva," is going to be doing cooking class on the West Coast of the US soon. How I wish my schedule allowed me to be present for at least one!

Diva is a treat: an American who moved to Florence in 1984, fell in love with Italy and an Italian, ran a cooking school in Florence for many years. She now offers Market Tours at the wonderful Florence market -- doing that with her is such fun, as all the vendors know her and she can tell you what booth has a third-generation butcher, what booth sells her special blend of herbs, etc. Judy also does three-day or week-long cooking classes in the Chianti area, and there's truly no telling what she will come up with next!

Diva's website has wonderful tips for restaurants and shops in Florence and the Chianti area, a "Strada del Vino" route with suggestions for each town...see www.divinacucina.com . And of course, a fun blog at www.divinacucina.blogspot.com

And oh yes, that US West Coast Cooking Class Schedule:

Feb 12,13 and 14th- Ramekins Cooking School- Sonoma
www.ramekins.com

Feb 15 and 16th -Arroyo Vista Inn B&B and cooking school-Pasadena
www.arroyovistainn.com/ A B&B with its own wine cellar!

Feb 19- guest chef Angeli Cafe in LA ? to be confirmed still
www.angelicaffe.com

Feb 21- Cavallo Point Cooking School- Sausalito
www.cavallopoint.com/cooking_school.php

Feb 22 - Slow Food Dinner in Marin ( members only)

Feb 25 - Cooks, Pots and Tabletops Cooking school- Eugene, Oregon
www.cookspots.com/contact_us.php

Feb 27 and 28- Diane's Market Kitchen- Seattle
www.cookspots.com/contact_us.php

3 comments:

Ruth T. Alegria said...

Judy Witts Francini, a remarkable and very talented person makes the Italian kitchen possible every where she goes.
So if you can sign up and catch the Italian spirit!

Admin said...

Dear Ms. Sally. Good day.
After I look Your blog. I wonder how to get link bettwen your blog and my blog.
I wonder and wish you can put my Logo link in your blog / web.
I had put your picture with linked to your blog in my blog. please cek it out for sure.
We hope we can sharing informations about the tourist or visited our blog each other.
We look forward for your kindly soon reply.
B/r
B.S.Arifin

Admin said...

Hi there,

I had put your picture in my blog (please check it out in Partner logo link) and that picture linked to your blog.
I make it that ways is for blog traficking (the vitor of my blog will click it and visited to your blog).
If you had put my logo link to your blog, ping me in my chat box.

We hope you can do the same ways & keep support each others.